Thursday, May 2, 2013

Can Dogs Save the Economy?

It has been scientifically proven that dog owners are overall healthier and happier people. Dr Wells said that dog owners appear to suffer from fewer minor ailments as well as fewer serious medical problems. What does this have to do with saving the economy you may ask? Well I'm glad that you asked. People who are happier and healthier help create a better, stronger economy. If people are overall healthier, their medical bills are lower and therefore they can spend more money investing into our economy. If people are overall happier then they will have a tendency to go out and do more with their lives which means putting more money into our economy. Are dogs the answer to ending this financial crisis? We may never know.

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/health-news/how-a-dogs-life-can-make-you-happier-433184.html

6 comments:

  1. Looks like I need to invest in a dog when I get older. Interesting article, I've noticed that you've been playing more with Erica's dog lately Shane, trying to stay healthy and happier I see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been pro-dog ownership for as long as I can remember (I'm pretty sure I was born that way) so I am completely convinced that if homeless dogs were matched with families all over the U.S., America would be much better off. I plan on showing this to my mom and dad so they can see they were wrong for refusing to get me a puppy growing up. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My girlfriend just got a german shepherd - husky mix. I can say I'm already happier. Plus I don't have to pay for any of the food or anything so I say if you can find this type of situation you're in a best case scenario.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have definitely been happier having Riley around these past two weeks. Plus I have way more friends now that I have a dog. The Obamas have a Portuguese Water dog named Bo, they seem like a pretty happy and healthy family, Michelle in particular. Correlation may not imply causation, but better safe than sorry. I would rather encourage dog ownership than risk an economic collapse.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love dogs. My dog makes me happier whenever I am with him, and after I leave him I have better decision-making abilities as well. This article makes some valid assumptions, and I believe that Americans should not turn down any ideas that may foster a better economic situation. At this point in our crisis, I feel that the government should invest in breeding dogs that are compatible with every family in America. It's worth a shot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would have to agree that dogs are great and everyone should have one, but what is this saying about cat owners? That they are bringing down our economy? Did they cause the financial crisis?

    ReplyDelete